It is a nice arrangement to monitor growth of young children and the best way is to keep record of their height. You may use many different ways for it but height chart in quite amazing and attractive for kids too and they participate the activity happily. Here the question arises how to make a wooden height chart as wooden charts are more durable and safe. Height charts are ideally placed in children room. You may produce an inexpensive wooden height chart by following instructions about how to make a wooden height chart.
Steps for How to Make a Wooden Height Chart:
- Take a wooden piece of proper height and make it smooth all around. Align the piece vertically in front of you to examine it for placing measuring marks on it.
- Paint the wooden piece with your child’s favorite color. Add some other designs or cartoons to the piece. Creative art work makes it more beautiful. You may add a paper pad along with a pen adhere to the pad via string to note down the readings.
- Leave the stand for some time to allow the paint dry.
- Take a measuring tape and paste it with some glue to the stand to convert it into height chart. Measuring tape position can be varying from edge to center as per your own choice.
- Make lines at half inch distance along the measuring tape on wooden stand. Complete the marking up to the measurement upto54 inches.
- For hanging the wooden height chart on the wall make holes with help of drill machine on both sides that can hold on nails in the wall.
- For deciding the hanging point; measure a proper distance from ground according to the child’s height and mark it on the wall.
- Now hang the stand properly keeping holes on the nails fitted in the wall. This is all how to make a wooden height chart.